Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Representative
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Representative is the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students at the University. He/she advises the President and other Executive members in areas of advocacy that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and monitors Indigenous issues that arise locally and nationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the President and other Executive Members regarding matters specifically related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students;
- Having contact with the University’s Equity and Diversity Unit, the Dean of Students, the Wollotuka Institute, and University Counselling Services;
- Being aware of issues arising locally and nationally on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander matters;
- Advocating on behalf of postgraduate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander groups and individuals within the University;
- Seeking advice from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, Elders In Residence, collectives, community and other groups regarding their representation;
- Being accessible and available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students on campus;
- Being aware of University policy and resources relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander groups and individuals; and
- Attending some NUPSA workshops and social events.
Nominate for 2018
Nominations for the 2018 Executive team are open from 3-19 October, 2017.
Download and complete the NUPSA Executive Committee Nomination Form.
You can include a statement (of no more than 300 words) outlining why you would like to participate and what you could bring to the role as well as a passport sized photo. Your statement shouldn’t contain any defamatory or offensive material. These will be distributed to voters in the event of a ballot.
Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5:00pm on Thursday 19 October 2017 via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- deliver to the NUPSA Office or one of the Student Hubs; or
- post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council and Records Management, ATC223, UON, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.