- This event has passed.
Overcoming Perfectionism – Group Program
September 15, 2017 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on August 25, 2017 at 2:30pm
One event on September 8, 2017 at 2:30pm
One event on September 15, 2017 at 2:30pm
Do you have difficulty getting your assessments submitted on time due to anxiety or over-preparation? Do you constantly feel like your work is not good enough? Do you put huge amount of time and energy into trying to avoid making mistakes, or doing things to a really high standard?
Are you interested in learning new approach?
The ‘Overcoming Perfectionism’ group program involves a series of four 90-minute interactive workshops, covering the following topics:
• What is perfectionism?
• What keeps perfectionism going?
• When is perfectionism a problem?
• How is perfectionism different from healthy striving?
• Strategies for perfectionism
• Managing procrastination
• Addressing self-criticism
The group involves four 90-minute sessions held at Callaghan on the following dates:
• Session #1 – Fri 11th Aug (Wk 3)
• Session #2 – Fri 25th Aug (Wk 5)
• Session #3 – Fri 8th Sep (Wk 7)
• Session #4 – Fri 15th Sep (Wk 8)
The workshops will be conducted by Emma Kerr and Jacqui Olley, Clinical Psychologists from Student Care and Equity, and are free for all students of University of Newcastle.
Places are limited. Participants are expected to be able to attend all sessions.
To book your place, please email Emma Kerr: email@example.com. You will be contacted before the first session with details of the venue.