- This event has passed.
Workshop: Building an App – The Basics
December 6, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Run by Intersect Australia
Are you considering building an app to support your research? Do you know if you actually need an app? Are you in need of a basic overview of the software development process?
This presentation is designed for researchers interested in building an app but who aren’t sure where to start. It will provide you with an overview of the software development lifecycle and provide some key considerations and guidance on how to achieve an outcome. The session will also provide real examples of researchers who have built apps and the lessons learned from their process.
You’ll learn about:
- How to determine whether you need an app and what kind of app you might need.
- The basics of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Key considerations for each stage of the SDLC process
- ‘Lessons learned’ from other researchers
- Key contacts for support through the process