- This event has passed.
Workshop: English Communication Skills and Employability
June 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
According to a recent Graduate Outlook Survey, Australian employers rated communication skills (written and oral) as the number one soft skill they are looking for in their future employees.
Clearly achieving a certain score on an English Language Proficiency test is only a part of the process in becoming the person who is the “right fit” for the company, team and position.
The objective of this workshop is to provide you with a better understanding of the English language skills required in the workplace and give you a plan of action for developing those skills over the course of your studies.
This 1.5 hour workshop will be facilitated by TOEFL English language consultant Cath Moore.
In this workshop you will:
- Explore English test taking options
- Learn what English skills employers value and why these skills matter
- Gain a clear understanding of the communication tasks and skills employers see as essential for the workplace
- Assess your own workplace English skills and
- Develop an action plan to develop your English Communication skills