- This event has passed.
Workshop: Excel for Researchers
April 20, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Run by UON’s Graduate Research Computing Services
Data rarely comes in the form you require. Often it is messy. Sometimes it is incomplete. And sometimes there’s too much of it. Frequently, it has errors. We’ll use one of the most widespread data wrangling tools, Microsoft Excel, to import, sort, filter, copy, protect, transform, summarise, merge, and visualise research data.
While aimed at novice Excel users, most attendees will walk away with new tricks to work more efficiently with their research data.
You’ll learn how to:
- Find, import and ‘clean up’ messy research data
- Organise, format and name your data in Excel
- Analyse your data (answer research questions)
- Interpret your data (filtering, conditional formatting)
- Perform calculations on your data (max, min, average)
- Extract significant findings from your data (pivot tables)
- Manipulate your data (data conversion, dates and times)
- Create graphs and charts to visualise your data