- This event has passed.
Workshop: Sex, Safety and Respect
March 14 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Sex, Safety and Respect is a training course designed for the university environment. Using a range of learning strategies based on reflection and skills development, you’ll be guided through concepts such as ethical decision making in interpersonal relationships, understanding other people’s desires and needs, the law, skills in ethical negotiation, ethics and social media, and being an ethical bystander.
The course is evidence-based and best practice. Researched and developed by Professor Moira Carmody, it will help you to better understand and influence the behaviour of your peers and improve campus culture.
- key concepts concerning sexual violence and primary prevention in the Australian context
- the Sex & Ethics Framework for ethical consent developed by Moira Carmody
- legal context of sexual assault, sexual harassment and the use of digital media
- ethical negotiation and communication of consent
- ethical use of digital media
- skills in being an ethical bystander