The Satellite Representative advocates on behalf of UON postgraduate students located at campuses other than Callaghan. This includes Newcastle City, Ourimbah, Sydney and Port Macquarie, as well as online students. He/she advises the President and other Executive members in areas of advocacy that affect satellite students, and helps communicate with students at satellite locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the President and other Executive Members regarding matters specifically related to postgraduate students enrolled at satellite campuses and online;
- Meeting with relevant University staff at satellite campuses regarding NUPSA matters;
- Seeking advice from satellite student groups and individuals regarding their representation;
- Seeking solutions in specific problem cases related to satellite and online students after consultation with the President and/or other Executive Members;
- Providing support for those students enrolled in coursework degrees at satellite campuses or online, in collaboration with the Coursework Representative; and
- Attending some NUPSA workshops and social events.
Nominate for 2018
Nominations for the 2018 Executive team are open from 3-19 October, 2017.
Download and complete the NUPSA Executive Committee Nomination Form.
You can include a statement (of no more than 300 words) outlining why you would like to participate and what you could bring to the role as well as a passport sized photo. Your statement shouldn’t contain any defamatory or offensive material. These will be distributed to voters in the event of a ballot.
Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5:00pm on Thursday 19 October 2017 via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- deliver to the NUPSA Office or one of the Student Hubs; or
- post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council and Records Management, ATC223, UON, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
Samarth Ullal – 2017 Satellite Rep
Hey! I’m Samarth Ullal, NUPSA’s Satellite representative. I am currently pursuing my dual postgraduate degree (MBA and MIB) at Sydney campus; I have also completed my Masters’ Certificate in Strategic Management from Harvard University.
In my free time, I do a bit of spearfishing and lion taming – is what I’d like to say, but I’ll settle with my love for travel, photography and meeting new people. I’ve lived in India for most of my life, so moving here and starting my course at Newcastle was indeed a big step for me. But it was the beginning of an exciting and fulfilling journey.
In my time here, I’ve become aware of how NUPSA strives to protect and provide aid to all the students of Newcastle University and I’ve always wanted to be a part of such an amazing team. I’m super excited to be on board and to help you all in any way I can.
Feel free to drop by at any time if you have any queries, need help or just to have a conversation. You’re guaranteed some laughs and even some card tricks 🙂 Cheers!