The Coursework Representative is the voice of all postgraduate students enrolled in a coursework degree at the University, advocating on their behalf and advising the President and other Executive members in areas of advocacy that affect them. He/she also monitors issues throughout other Australian universities and the community which may affect coursework students. He/she assists and supports coursework students enrolled at campuses other than Callaghan or online, in collaboration with the Satellite Representative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the President and other Executive Members regarding matters specifically related to postgraduate coursework degree students;
- Attending meetings with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) regarding issues that affect postgraduate coursework degree students;
- Monitoring issues throughout Australian universities, the community and government which may affect postgraduate coursework students;
- Having major input into NUPSA submissions to University divisions, or state or federal government, that are related to postgraduate coursework;
- Seeking solutions in specific problem cases related to candidature for coursework degrees after consultation with the President and/or other Executive Members;
- Providing support for those students enrolled in coursework degrees at satellite campuses or online, in collaboration with the Satellite Representative; and
- Attending some NUPSA workshops and social events.
Faria Quoreshi – 2017 Coursework Rep
Hello, my name is Faria Quoreshi. I am an international student from Bangladesh pursuing a Masters degree in International Business Law at Newcastle University. I completed my law degree in the UK and worked in London before my bar enrolment at the Bangladesh Bar Association.
At undergraduate level, I was a student representative for the University of Hertfordshire’s Student Union and have first-hand experience dealing with everyday issues students face. Currently at NUPSA I am the Coursework Representative; I am here to assist you with any and all queries or issues you might have, not limited to coursework.
I look forward to hearing from Masters students in particular and thank the student body for electing me to this position.