The Vice President supports the President of NUPSA and, in his/her absence, exercises the powers and carries out the necessary functions of President. The Vice President also advocates for postgraduate students, acts as a focal point for postgraduate queries and ensures that all Executive members and staff meet their given responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercising the powers and carrying out the functions of the President, in his/her absence;
- Forming part of the Senior Executive;
- Ensuring that other Executive members carry out their duties, and that the Executive as a whole fulfils its responsibilities;
- Ensuring that the postgraduate representatives on University bodies liaise effectively with the Executive;
- Attending meetings with University and community stakeholders, as determined by the President;
- Attending some NUPSA workshops and social events; and
- Performing such other duties as NUPSA shall determine.
Nominate for 2018
Nominations for the 2018 Executive team are open from 3-19 October, 2017.
Download and complete the NUPSA Executive Committee Nomination Form.
You can include a statement (of no more than 300 words) outlining why you would like to participate and what you could bring to the role as well as a passport sized photo. Your statement shouldn’t contain any defamatory or offensive material. These will be distributed to voters in the event of a ballot.
Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5:00pm on Thursday 19 October 2017 via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- deliver to the NUPSA Office or one of the Student Hubs; or
- post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council and Records Management, ATC223, UON, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
Albina Gayoso – 2017 Vice President
Hi! I’m Albina Gayoso, this year’s NUPSA Vice President. I am an international student from Russia and a third year PhD candidate in Politics. I love Newcastle and our university!
Helping students is my passion. Since I moved to Newcastle, I have been heavily involved in university life: organising events and cultural workshops, running clubs (such as the United Nations Society) and representing students (as International Representative of NUPSA and Postgraduate Representative of NUSA). I am grateful to you all for choosing me for such an important position this year.
I am looking forward to working for better experiences, providing useful workshops, entertaining events and exciting opportunities for students at any campus of University of Newcastle. Together we can enrich our academic and social lives and make UON the best university in Australia!